The average life of a smartphone is 2 to 4 years. But you might still be able to hit the 5-year mark if you treat your phone with care and care. However, after about 3 years, you may notice that your phone’s hardware is outdated and having trouble handling modern apps.
Many factors come into play when it comes to maintaining a longer lifespan for your phone, here are a few:
How do I update to Android 11?
How to easily download Android 11
- Back up all your data.
- Open your phone’s settings menu.
- Select System, then Advanced, then System Update.
- Select Check for updates and download Android 11.
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Black Friday Deals
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga (3rd Gen Black) Core i5-8250U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, IPS Touch 1080p — $1,086.15 ($1,671 list)
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga (3rd Gen Silver) Core i5-8250U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, IPS Touch 1080p: $1086.15 ($1671 list)
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga (3rd Gen) Core i7-8650U, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, IPS Touch 1440p — $1,559.35 ($2,399 list)
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga (3rd Gen) Core i7-8650U , 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 1440p HDR IPS Touch – $1,780.35 ($2,739 list)
(12 ag )
Keep it clean
As long as our phones still have buttons and internal hardware, they may get stuck quite especially since they live inside our bags and pockets, not to mention our hands. For the surface, you can use a microfiber cloth and cotton swabs to remove part of the accumulated dirt. If really necessary, a little rubbing alcohol can also help, but be sure to keep it away from the various ports that lead to the internal gears. If you’d like to keep an eye on these parts, visit one of our stores, as we can easily open up your phone and make sure everything is clean and dry inside.
Another challenge of keeping your phone alive for a full five years (essentially eternity, in the case of tech devices!) is the issue of battery life. All device batteries are designed to last a certain number of charges (between 300 and 500). This means that if you constantly charge your battery to 100%, it could significantly reduce overall battery life. Even if you accidentally drain the battery, you can still get in the phone and have it replaced, or if it makes you nervous, you can bring the phone back to us for expert service.