At the end of the iPhone 14 press release, Apple shared the latest missing details about iOS 16. We now know that the company plans to release the final version of iOS 16 on September 12 —
iOS 16 is the new version of iOS, the company’s operating system for the iPhone. This is a free download and works with iPhone 8 or later, iPhone SE 2nd and 3rd generation.
List of devices compatible with iOS 16
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone SE 2nd Gen or later
This list comes directly from Apple and its preview from page for iOS 16, you can be sure that it is accurate.
Sticky notes and new reminders
iOS 16 will bring new notes features in addition to reminders. The Share option now displays an option called “Add to Sticky Note” that adds links, images, or text to the Notes app. Previously, this was an iPad-only feature, but the latest iOS update brings it to iPhones as well. Besides that, you can also lock your notes. Reminders now has new features including pinned lists, smart lists, templates, list enhancements, and more.
Why is iOS 16.2 not showing up? and how to get ios 16.2?
Two major reasons bother you for not showing iOS 16 updates on iPhone and iPod touch.
1) Your iPhone is not compatible to update iOS 162) Slow internet connection: Your phone requires a stable network connection.
- A new dictation experience: You can switch between speech and touch seamlessly in iOS 16. Use your keyboard to type, touch text fields , move the cursor, and insert QuickType suggestions, all without stopping your dictation.
- Add drugs with iPhone camera: You can quickly add drugs in iOS 16 with cameras like iPhone XR/XS. Simply place the drug label in the frame and see the results for the drug name, strength, and form.
- Image search in more apps: In iOS 16, Spotlight uses image information from messages, notes, and files to support finding locations, people, scenes, and even items in images as in the form of text, dogs, etc.
- Visual search enhancements: Enhance subjects in images or isolate subjects by removing backgrounds. It works for Photos, Screenshots, Quick View, Safari, etc.
- New areas for visual search: Add recognition of birds, insects and statues.
- Astronomical wallpapers: In iOS 16 Beta 2, Apple provided astronomical wallpapers for users of updates such as iPhone XR and iOS 16 Beta 2. iPhone XS. Previously this only worked on A13 or newer compatible devices.