Unfortunately no, iOS 15 is the end of the line for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, which means you will no longer be able to use the features available in iOS 16. The devices are currently running iOS 15.6.1, a version that released on August 17, 2022.
This comes as a surprising move from Apple, where many expected the phone to get the new update thanks to its still-relevant performance and processing power. But it seems that the newly introduced features, APIs and SDKs have some requirements that can only be supported on iPhone SE 2nd generation and later.
In-Warranty iPhone Battery Replacement
If your phone is still under warranty: Apple’s default warranty is one year and covers damage and issues through no fault of your own, and the battery has been degraded, it is obvious to ask Apple for a free replacement. Apple says that a 20% capacity loss after 500 full charge cycles is normal. If your phone battery loses more capacity in less time, you may be eligible for a free replacement. It’s worth heading to an Apple Store to find out, at least!
It is good that your iPhone’s battery begins to visibly degrade after reaching 80% of your health, it does not necessarily mean that you devriez in acheter a new. If the device is still charged enough to power you for the day, continue using the same battery. Replace it when you notice significant performance issues or when the device becomes unusable.
At what percentage of battery health do you usually replace your iPhone battery? Let us know in the comments below.
Cost is one of the factors to consider when it comes to screen repair. Get quotes from two or more repair centers and compare prices and screen quality.
As you can see, these are the things you need to consider before repairing the damaged screen. A small crack or chip can result in much more, and there’s a good chance that the screen will completely break if it falls again. It is highly recommended that you take the device to the local repair shop and have it fixed as soon as possible.
Other service providers
Other repair services, like Geek Squad, require a prepaid protection plan along with a monthly subscription. And some stores don’t have the area coverage that CPR enjoys, so your nearest store could be in distant states.
- Turn off iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus.
- On the bottom of the phone, locate the two Pentalobe screws and remove them using a TS1 (0.8mm) screwdriver.
- Place a suction cup directly on the screen, above the home button, and gently try to remove it from the back cover.
- If necessary, use a wedge tool to gently break the adhesive seam and release the screen from the back cover.
- Opens iPhone 7 like a book.
- Remove the four 3-point screws to release the display plate.
- Use tweezers to lift up the display plate.
- Next, use your wedge or spudger tool to pry the three cable strips out of the LCD connector.
- Unscrew two more three-point screws in the upper right corner that hold your proximity sensor.
- Remove the plate above the proximity sensor to reveal another cable strip which, when disconnected, will release the front screen from the back of the phone.
- Remove the three Phillips screws from the bracket behind the earpiece at the top of the display side.
- The bracket will separate, revealing the iPhone’s camera.
- Pull the camera back to remove the two screws holding the earpiece assembly.
- Take out the earpiece.
- Gently wiggle and pull the proximity sensor to remove it.
- At the bottom of the screen, locate the Touch ID assembly.
- Unscrew the four three-point screws that hold the support.
- Remove the media.
- Gently flick to remove Touch ID, it will slide forward.
- Then remove the LCD back plate by unscrewing six three-point screws.
- Using your wedge or spudger tool, pry up the LCD back plate to reveal the cable tie attached to the back plate.
- Once you release the LCD back plate from the cable, it should detach easily.
- Discard your old damaged LCD screen and replace it with the new screen, bending the cables and aligning the side brackets, to put the 6 screws back in place.
- Continue to reverse the steps to reassemble the phone.